Saturday, October 20, 2012

Limited Edition 17 " Cinderella doll Review

On October 2nd, I received my LE Cinderella doll that I had pre-ordered in August from the Disney Store.

Boy, was that trying on my nerves. First it wasn't charged on time, then it was shipping, then it wasn't and then it was... Oy. But my package did end up arriving safe and sound on the expected delivery date. :)

This Cinderella doll is the seventh princess doll in Disney Store's limited edition line. Her edition size is 5000 dolls. My doll is number 2442. :)

She became available for pre-order on July 30th 2012 both online and in stores. I pre-ordered my doll online on August 29th.

While Cinderella is not my favorite Disney princess, she is my Mom's and she does fall into my top 5 disney princesses (since Mulan isn't technically a princess.). I had already missed all three LE dolls from Tangled: Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, and Wedding Rapunzel, so I decided to pre-order Cindy to jumpstart my collection. Personally, I view her as the defintive princess (more so than Snow White). I also really love the character of Cinderella in books such as Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

Now, onto the doll:










First off, let me say that I really do love this doll. She is gorgeous and I love her gown. It is covered in rhinestones and you can even see hidden Mickeys on the bodice of her gown. Cinderella's gown is re-imagined to be more modern with an off the shoulder design. It is definitely different from the dress she wears in the original film, however, I like the new interpretation.Would the gown have looked stunning in its original silver colors? Of course, but at least with the amount of crystals the dress does not look too blue as her dress is currently portrayed on the DS website:
(Photo is the banner on the Cinderella Page on the Disney Store website. )

Cinderella's hair is in an intricate updo accented with a beaded hair clip and bejeweled headband.

There are bunches of hair sticking out of the top of the bun, but it is not very noticeable. I would have preferred that her hair had been its original strawberry blonde, but this does look stunning, too. She also wears stud earrings on both ears. 

I've heard some people say that LE Cinderella's necklace looks too much like Designer Cinderella's necklace or that it is too much and takes away from her dress, but I have to disagree. I love the necklace and I do not think that it is too much at all.

Now, onto the glass slippers. If you own this doll, you already know about the stains on the 'glass slippers' from the metal display stand. My doll only has the stain on one of her glass slippers, which honestly actually makes sense ( in a sad way) when you look at the story ( one glass slippers gets shattered into a million pieces by Lady Tremaine, and then Cinderella produces the other non-damaged slipper and lives happily ever after?), even though it should never have been defected at all, especially since they are such an important piece of her ensemble. What is Cinderella without her glass slippers?

I e-mailed guest services and they offered to send me a $15 Disney Store Giftcard as compensation since only one of my doll's slippers was damaged. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I paid $100 for this heirloom collectible doll; she should be flawless. I really just wanted a new pair of slippers, honestly.  

Even if the slippers were undamaged, they are not the same ones that appear in the original film. Disney should have added the 'glass' hearts that are on the slippers in the film, especially on such a detailed representation of Cinderella. 

All in all, I think this is a stunning doll, and besides the glass slipper issue, I would recommend her to anyone who collects these dolls or is a Cinderella fan. Although she is sold out in the US.
 Personally, I wouldn't feel right paying double for this doll now after it has sold out, for it to have damaged shoes... So, if the slippers thing does not bother you, or you have the 17" singing Cinderella doll and want to switch their slippers, then by all means  hunt her down for a good price on the secondary market. But if it does bother you, I'd really only try to get her now if you really love her.


Overall, I'd give this doll a solid: B+
I am glad to own this doll and have her be the first in my collection of Disney Store LE dolls and my Disney doll collection in general.

*Please do not copy or use my photographs without my permission*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright guys, you know I'd love to hear from you all and get suggestions for posts, reviews, photos and more, but as you all know IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE, OR CONSTUCTIVE TO SAY, THEN PLEASE DONT SAY IT.